Hyperbaric medicine, also known as Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT), is the medical use of oxygen at a level higher than atmospheric pressure, in a hyperbaric chamber.
The hyperbaric chamber is a special cabin that can be run with high pressure inside. There are monoplace and multiplace chambers. In the monoplace chamber that we have in our medial center, the technician introduces the patient into the chamber and is able to communicate with himvia transparent windows and a microphone outside the chamber connected to a loudspeaker inside.
The benefits of the hyperbaric oxygen therapy are:
· Hyper oxygenation (restoring oxygen to depleted cells andtissues);
· Help to clean toxic gases;
· Assisting in the growth of new blood vessels;
· Formation of collagen and new tissue growth;
· Enhanced white blood cell´s increased ability to destroy bacteria and fungi;
· Reduce swelling, inflammation, bruising, infection, scarring and recovery time from surgery and injury;
The medical and sports uses of the hyperbaric chamber are:
· Decompression sickness (divers, aviator, etc.)
· Treatment of sports and athletic injuries and sports performance enhancement:
o Prevention and treatment of injuries caused during sports and exercise;
o Physical preparation of the athlete, sportsman, sportswoman for high level performance;
o Increase exercise tolerance;
o Treatment ofand speeded up recuperation from overtraining (when the intensity of the exercise has exceeded the recovery capacity of the athlete);
· Treatment of cases of delayed healing of wounds, fractures and other injuries;
· Carbon monoxide or cyanide poisoning;
· Sudden hearing loss, central retinal artery occlusion, ischemic encephalopathy, etc.;
· Gas gangrene.
HBOT Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy treatments. Clinic in Madrid Spain Imtra Incoma Dr Enrique Galindo Andujar.
Tel: (0034) 915545405